Sunday, May 18, 2008

A little bit closer

Jennifer was checked Thursday at the doctor's office - she is 1.5 cm dilated and 20 to 30% effaced. I think the baby has dropped some more. Jennifer is tired more and more of the time and her feet have been hurting.

AJ leaves Iraq tomorrow (evening for him, early afternoon for us) to go to Kuwait. Hopefully he will be able to get a flight out of Kuwait the next day and be in Atlanta by Wednesday morning. Michael has to be out of town working this week so I will most likely be going to the airport with Jennifer to get AJ. As far along as she is, I don't feel comfortable with her going to the airport alone. The Atlanta airport is huge and requires quite a bit of walking to get wherever you need to be.

In some ways, Jennifer's pregnancy has been more exciting for me because I've been able to witness so much of it firsthand. And it will be really special to be able to get to know Kellyn in much the same way as I did Tara those first precious months of life (the first outside of Mom, that is).

Every time my phone rings now and it's Jennifer, I'm always wondering if she's calling me to let me know she thinks it's time to go!

No comments: