Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Trip to the eye doctor

Today was one of my regularly scheduled visits to the eye doctor - I usually go every 4 to 6 months. In addition to getting my pressure checked, it seems there is always another test of some kind being done. No extra tests today, but with no discussion or advance warning, he (the doctor) apparently had decided to do a laser procedure on my right eye to get rid of "vitreous strands." Apparently these vitreous strands can develop after eye surgery around the site of the incision. The use of the laser itself does not hurt; however, the eyedrops to constrict the pupil can and do cause a headache. The lens they put in your eye (like a really big contact lens) before they use the laser is REALLY uncomfortable. Add to this the fact that I had a headache before I went to the doctor. After it was all done, I had a really big headache and my eye felt really scratchy (which the doctor said was normal). What am I supposed to get from this? Supposedly the vitreous strands can cause blurred vision. So I guess this is supposed to help the vision in my right eye - the eye that is the weaker eye.

In other health news, I recently had blood work done at the endocrinologist. My triglycerides are way down - all the way to 118! Yay! Still need to get my LDL and HDL where they need to be. Also my insulin levels have improved to the point where I think I'm not considered insulin-resistant any longer. Another yay!

No comments: