Friday, March 27, 2009

Dismal days

It's raining and my spirits are somewhat low.

I've been sick since Tuesday evening (stomach flu followed by a sinus infection). Only took one day off and had to be back in the office on Thursday - there's too much going on to miss work (and no one else who can do my job with any proficiency - literally). It's exhausting to work when you're sick. When I go home, I don't feel like doing anything but no one else seems to want to do anything to help out. I refuse to come home and cook meals for healthy people when I've been sick AND working all day. (Started to say "I'm sorry but..." - then I realized that I'm not sorry for feeling that way.)

Then to top off all of that, Michael learned today that he is going to get a 10% pay cut. Yes, we're thankful that we both have jobs but it is going to take some adjustment on our part to get used to less coming in - the bills aren't going to go down by 10%!

I guess anyone who has expected to get anything from us will have to change their expectations.

And my trip next week to son Michael's graduation will probably be the last bit of traveling I get to do for a while. I guess our vacation time from this point forward will probably consist of staying home and working on the house, doing whatever we can afford to do.

2 comments:

Laura Voth said...

I'm sorry you've been sick. I know the feeling on the pay cut. Garrick's company did that too. Hope you get to feeling better!

grandma_deb said...

Thanks Laura... I appreciate that. I remember you talking about Garrick getting a pay cut - hope everything is going okay for both of you.